Who Are We?
The Consortium for Innovative Environments in Learning is a working group of twelve institutions and programs that trace their roots to the best of innovative and reform practice in American higher education. We’re not easily categorized as we excel in different ways, but we’re all deeply and richly student-centered in our practice. Our commitment is to discover the best means to produce engaged life-long learners and thoughtful citizens. Constantly seeking for authentic teaching, assessment, interdisciplinary and experiential learning techniques, we’ve come together to learn from each other and maximize our impact on U.S. higher education.
No upcoming events.
CIEL in the News
- Western Washington University is one of 3 More Innovative Schools Redefining The College Experience
- Western Washington University Listed #2 Top Western Public School by US News
- Carnegie Lists University of Alabama among Elite Research Institutions
- RIT Recognized by U.S. Department of State as Gilman Top Producing Institution
- Johnston Center for Integrative Studies going strong at 50
- University of Redland Ranked #11 Top Regional University in the West
- Making Change in the World at Bennington College
- Marlboro College Recommended for its Value by Princeton Review
- The Return on Investment for Your College Degree at the New College of Florida
- New College of Florida Ranked in the Top 5 US Public Schools
- Prescott College Recognized as a Top Ten School for Sustainability Studies
- Evergreen State College Ranked #2 Most Innovative School and #6 Best Undergraduate Teaching
- The Beauty of Experiential Learning: Collaborating in The Common at Quest University Canada